lichess.org
Donate

was this sacrifise appropriate? opinions on a chess game

for the game, click here :http://en.lichess.org/lCf3hjO2CH3z
So i started off with the king pawn game e4 e5 as black and after a bit a development came 12. Bg5 with an annoying pin of the knight and the queen. i replied with a kind of a double threat 12....Bg4?? which is considered as a blunder with the computer analysis, but we know better to rely on that. anyways. along comes f3 and i reply with an equal threat: f6, exchange happens and we skip to 17....f4. i am a bishop behind and the game is pretty much lost for me with undefended backward pawns and zero pawn structure. yet again skipping to 27.... Qe3+ i gain more confidence with my opponent to force a checkmate. after a while he plays Qh3+, a good defensive move,I move my king and he moves his rook so that it is attacking my queen and preventing checkmate. That is when i think of a beautiful move ...Raxa2!? threating a checkmate in case of his capturing my queen. he makes the mistake of taking my a2 rook and i checkmate with Qxe1+ at which point he resigns. continuing would have been 31....Qxe1+ 32.Bf1 Qxf1 #. Give me your opinions about my sacrificial Raxa2 move and also the general game. i very much appreciate it. thanks.
hi, me again. i kinda forgot to say that im only 14 but i love chess so sorry for the extremely bad blunders that i possibly had and sorry for the low level of expertise.
After 11.. h5 you were really lost and Bg4 made it worse. In-between moves that can be addressed with a counter-threat are pointless.

Raxa2 was still lost, the simple Qg3+ which the engine points out, defends the rook and allows the capture on a2 next move without e1 hanging. Now even though it was technically a blunder, since the position was basically resignable- trying for that one last trick was a good idea even if it was also losing.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.