lichess.org
Donate

I solved almost 13000 puzzles but lichess still thinks I'm new and put the ?-mark next to my rating!

@thibault said in #8:
> The point of chess rating is to give you puzzles (or opponents) that match your current level. Rating is not the goal, it is a tool to improve your chess experience. The goal is to enjoy chess.
>
> That's it. Using rating for other things, such as bragging, will result in problems, like the one you're experiencing now.

Lichess makes it harder to enjoy, because it flags me as a cheater with this question mark. That's the whole point of the thread. It's not about "bragging" - I mentioned that too just because someone I replied to, said something about that.
At least lichess should make it clear how it works. Like what am I not allowed to do if I don't want to be marked with that question mark.
Might see it this way, if your puzzle rating got that high, why are you not improving at normal chess? I used to farm #2s and #3s until I realised there's hardly any point in it.

We don't claim you're cheating, we would if you were a 1200 with over 3k at puzzles
@Cedur216 said in #13:
> Might see it this way, if your puzzle rating got that high, why are you not improving at normal chess? I used to farm #2s and #3s until I realised there's hardly any point in it.
>
> We don't claim you're cheating, we would if you were a 1200 with over 3k at puzzles

It's harder to get better at chess faster as an adult. Puzzles also won't take much of my time to get better little by little (when I have time). I'm completely self-taught chess player, I don't really know the stuff people know when they're coached.
In that case, you're using it as lipuzzle.

That's perfectly fine-- most of my chess these days is puzzle-form-- but you shouldn't expect the site's infrastructure to be catered to players who aren't playing games at the expense of those who are.

The system is in place to prevent people from cheating at puzzles to show off-- it's really easy to obtain absurdly high puzzle ratings if one uses outside assistance (which is permitted), but it is also really annoying to those who actually work at chess when 900s show off their Fischer-esque calculation ability. With this in place, you don't have to worry about cheating allegations, labels, or marks, and other chess players don't feel as though the game is being devalued. It's actually a very good system.
@SquareTableKnight said in #7:
> What use ratings to me, if not to brag about? I can't even tell myself that I achieved this or that rating, because I see that Lichess thinks it is undeserved.

Well, in your case it seems that it is undeserved.
My vision: appeared "?" because the system doesn't know how to calibrate you
It is not to consider that you are a cheater
O "?" in normal games it means you are not calibrated
Meaning they are still not sure what to give

In addition, when looking at the profile, more than 200 correct problems appear, only 3 are wrong.

This could indicate that the system doesn't know what to give you because it doesn't have a counterweight.
im 3379 on puzzle and around 1800 rating what should i do to get rid of ?
@gmaayushdas said in #19:
> im 3379 on puzzle and around 1800 rating what should i do to get rid of ?
puzzles is just for practicing

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.